PSC DOCKET No. 10-2 DELMARVA POWER IRP
On December 1, 2010, Delmarva Power and Light ("Delmarva") filed its 2010 Integrated Resource Plan ("IRP" or "Plan") pursuant to the Electric Utility Retail Customer Supply Act of 2006, 26 Del. C. Sections 1001-1019, as amended. This IRP was the first to be submitted under the IRP regulations adopted by the Commission on December 8, 2009 , by Order No. 7693 in PSC Regulation Docket No. 60. Before and after the IRP was filed, several workshops were held to solicit comments from the public and to explain the development of the Plan. On May 31, 2011, the following parties submitted written comments on the IRP:reply comments on July 31, 2011.
On November 17, 2011, Delmarva Power, Commission Staff, Division of the Public Advocate and Caesar Rodney Institute, submitted to the Hearing Examiner a document entitled,:"Path Forward on Delmarva Power & Light Company's Integrated Resource Plan ("IRP")Joint Proposal to Ratify PSC Docket No. 10-2." The Path Forward Agreement requested, among other things, that the Hearing Examiner recommend to the Commission ratification of the 2010 IRP and it provided a plan for stakeholder participation and review of various elements of the IRP. Based upon the comments of the Parties, Delmarva's reply comments and the Proposed Path Forward Agreement, on November 22, 2011, the Hearing Examiner assigned to this matter submitted her Report and RecommendationsAny Exceptions to the Report must be filed by the Parties on December 13, 2011. The Commission will consider the Hearing Examiner's Report, the Proposed Path Forward and the Exceptions at its meeting on December 20, 2011. Please check the Calendar of Events for any changes to the date for filing exceptions and the Commission Agenda where this matter will be considered (look for Delmarva 2010 IRP or PSC Docket No. 10-2).
Delmarva Power & Light Company 2010 Integrated Resource Plan (filed December 1, 2010)
- Appendix 1 Appendix 2 Appendix 3 Appendix 4 Appendix 5 Appendix 6 Appendix 7(zip file) Appendix 8 Appendix 9 Appendix 10
- The Commission now solicits written comments about Delmarva's IRP. If you wish to submit comments, you should review PSC Order No. 7888. The Order is also available on the Commission's Website. Comments must be filed and served on or before March 31, 2011.
STAFF MOTION filed March 10, 2011. The Staff of the Delaware Public Service Commission filed a motion to request the Commission to modify the schedule for submission of comments to the Integrated Resource Plan ("IRP"). If approved by the Commission, the motion would extend the date for filing comments on the IRP to May 31, 2011, extending the date for Delmarva to file its reply comments, if any, to June 30, 2011, and permitting the Hearing Examiner to modify the schedule without further Commission consent for good cause shown. Staff determined that it would be in the public interest to conduct at least one, and perhaps more, workshops to discuss the IRP and to answer questions that the intervenors might have. This request for extension will allow time in the schedule for that to happen.
- February 1, 2011- Delmarva publishes notice of the IRP filing in The News Journal newspaper
- February 2, 2011- Delmarva publishes notice of the IRP filing in the Delaware State News newspaper
- February 23, 2011- Deadline for all Petitions to Intervene must be Filed and Served
- March 14, 2011- 1:00 pm IRP WORKSHOP (see calendar) Staff determined that it would be in the public interest to conduct at least one, and perhaps more, workshops to discuss the IRP and to answer questions that the intervenors might have. The workshops will also allow Delmarva to explain to the intervenors and the public certain results of the scenario modeling in the IRP.
- March 31, 2011- Last Day for filing and serving Comments on the IRP
- July 31, 2011- Deadline by which Delmarva must file and serve responding comments, if any
- November 22, 2011- Hearing Examiner files Report and Recommendation
- December 13, 2011- Written Exceptions are due
- December 20, 2011- Commission consideration of Hearing Examiner's report and Recomendation, Proposed Path Forward and Exceptions, if any.